Selling a Home
HOW DO YOU PREPARE A HOUSE TO SELL?
Doing whatever you can to put your house's best face forward is very important if you want to get close to your asking price or sell as quickly as possible. Short of spending a lot of money, here are several ideas for making your home show better:
* Sweep the sidewalk, mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden and clean debris from the yard.
* Clean the windows (both inside and out) and make sure the paint is not chipped or flaking. And speaking of paint, if your home was built before 1978, new federal law gives a buyer the right to request a lead inspection. If you think you might have some problems, do the inspection yourself beforehand and make any fixes you can.
* Be sure that the doorbell works.
* Clean and spruce up all rooms, furnishings, floors, walls and ceilings. It's especially important that the bathroom and kitchen are spotless.
* Organize closets.
* Make sure the basic appliances and fixtures work. Get rid of leaky faucets and frayed cords.
* Make sure the house smells good: from an apple pie, cookies baking or spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove. Hide the kitty litter.
* Put vases of fresh flowers throughout the house.
* Having pleasant background music playing in the background also will help set your stage.
Provided By Inman News
PRICING YOUR HOME TO SELL
Pricing your home correctly is crucial to selling your home in a timely manner at the highest price possible. Current market conditions determine the value. Pricing too high or too low can cost you time and money.
Factors affecting the price
Condition of your home
Age of your home
Current market conditions
What you paid for your home has nothing to do with its present value.
The value some agents put on your property is not always accurate.
Homes you think are the same as yours may in fact be very different.
Ultimately, the buyer determined the value of your home based on comparisons they make to other houses currently on the market.
HERRON Realty has access to the latest technology to get you the most current market data available.
Our experienced agents can help you price your home competatively so that it sells for the highest price possible in the shortest amount of time.